Rowan Dartington take wealth management personally. We know that every client is different and every investment decision is personal. We know that by looking at the big picture and the small individual details when managing wealth, we are better placed to help our clients achieve their goals and ambitions, both today and tomorrow. In 1990, we started with a simple idea: to create and preserve wealth by deeply understanding and aligning to the personal values, goals and ambitions of our clients. Today, as one of the leading providers of personalised investment management, our expertise reaches around the world.
Rowan Dartington currently manages £2.7bn of client assets which has seen unparallel growth since its purchase by St. James Place Wealth Management in 2016. Rowan Dartington is a wholly owned subsidiary of St. James’s Place Wealth Management which, as a FTSE 100 company with £112.8 billion of client funds under management, has long term plans to grow into the DFM market with Rowan Dartington.
- Proactively offer clients appropriate advice from our in-house research team
- Provide clients with a thorough wealth management service e.g. update clients on the current market conditions and news flows, within appropriate accounts
- To support the Central Investment Team with updates of client situations and mandates (self manage portfolios on a discretionary basis by exception)
- Attract, develop and retain a portfolio of private client relationships to maximise asset and revenue growth by meeting client’s needs
- Review client circumstances appropriately as required by the clients and company guidance
- Understand investments, tax, trust, pensions, financial planning and banking service offerings, liaising with product specialists as appropriate, to deliver suitable services to the client
- Actively seek new business opportunities through own networks, working closely with key stakeholders, e.g. events, attending exhibitions, being active in local social/business circles, following up leads, explaining the firms’ services to potential new clients and following up all opportunities to win new clients
- Manage business and documentation in a way that is compliant with relevant rules, regulations and company policies
- Be aware of the firm’s investment view, including the composition of current model portfolios and buy/sell lists
- Be aware of company valuations, stock situations, topical price sensitive information, stock market conditions and economic trends
- Ensure that all operations affecting your clients are carried out in accordance with FCA rules, for example, avoiding abuses such as insider trading, churning and front running, establishing that up to date client agreement letters are on file for clients, and ensuring that all clients receive all relevant documentation on a timely basis. If uncertain on company or FCA rules, consult the Conduct Risk Officer for further guidance
- This role is a certified role under SM&CR, as such expectations and responsibilities of this certification will always be required. The role requires continued relevant licensing and competence in order to maintain the certification level with Rowan Dartington.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Have an investment management background and experience of managing large client portfolios
- RDR compliant qualified Investment Manager permitting provision of advice and dealing in securities (QCF level 6. Must include a securities qualification such as J12 or a Securities or Derivatives CISI module)
- Excellent knowledge of markets and especially UK equities
- Outstanding relationship management
- In touch with current market events and price movements
- Strong client focus
- Strong personal qualities (likeability, empathy, understanding and maturity) and be an effective communicator, able to relate to and inspire the loyalty of clients especially through bear markets.
For more information or to apply for this role, send your CV to email@example.com